Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day....

I think Memorial Day might just be one of my favourite days of the year.  I love the parades, communities coming together, and the overwhelming feeling of gratitude for those who have given so much for our freedom.

The pictures below are a departure from the abandoned series I've been working on lately.  I love photographing life in my town.

The first year we went to this parade, I was surprised that a parade could bring tears to my eyes. Every year since, has been the same. I can not watch this parade without getting teary eyed.  

I've decided to let the photos tell the story of the parade.














A moment of silence at the graves of the American and British soldiers who died fighting in the Revolution War.


I needed one last walk up Main Street last night to soak up the last bits of Memorial Day. The setting sun, the giant flag, the perfect blue sky....no words can truly sum it up.


To those reading this, if you served in our military, have a family member who served, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment