Sunday, April 7, 2013

remembering the trading post...


In a nearby town, there is an Indian trading post surrounded by these wonderful forgotten little cabins. I have been drawn to them since we moved here. Every time we drive past them, I study them. I imagine what they were like years ago. Although the cabins have broken windows and roofs that are collapsed or barely holding on, I love each one of them. 

Today, the trading post above burned to the ground. I thought this little building that I loved looking at should be remembered.  Here are some pictures I took of the trading post and the nearest cabin over the past few years (my blog post on the cabins can be seen here).



This little cabin stood the closest to the trading post.



When I got there this afternoon, this is all that is left....


The nearest cabin (I love this little cabin) is still standing.





No comments:

Post a Comment