Saturday, September 27, 2014

T'was the night before the giant pumpkin weigh off.


"T'was the night before the weigh off, 
and all through the town, 
giant pumpkins were lifted, 
up high off the ground" 
(my apologies to Clement Clark Moore)


Ridgefield's Giant Pumpkin and Squash Weigh Off is tomorrow, so tonight the pumpkins were cut off the vine and lifted high off the ground, into the back of a pick up truck. Months and months of planning, watering, watching, waiting, hoping...tomorrow, the pumpkin will make it onto the scale. 

There is a sigh of relief as the pumpkin makes it successfully off the ground, successfully into the truck, and many more tomorrow...as the pumpkin makes it successfully off the truck (moving pumpkins this big on to and off the truck is stressful) and successfully onto the scale. 




It has been such an amazing opportunity for me to watch these giants grow from tiny seeds this year.

Thank you to my friend, Steve, for allowing me to spend so much time in the pumpkin patch photographing his giant pumpkins. As someone who loves fall, spending time photographing these giants as they grow means so much to me, and I am so grateful. 

Thank you, Steve, and good luck tomorrow at the weigh off. 


I will be updating the blog tomorrow night with the story of the weigh off.  Please be sure to check back tomorrow. 

I will be posting updates from the weigh off tomorrow to the official weigh off event page - Ridgefield's Pumpkin Weigh Off and on my Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter.


2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I wondered how those got moved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little scary when they lift them off the ground and they are hanging from that tripod, but very cool to see!

      Delete