Tuesday, April 15, 2014

More favorites from the Cornish Estate


I keep looking through the photos from our visit to the Cornish Estate remains and it seems like each photo is shouting "don't forget me," so I need to show you a bit more of this magical place. You can find my previous posts here and here and my article on Hamlet Hub.


The pool. Yes, this estate really had it all....a greenhouse, about a million fireplaces (ok, I exaggerate just a little), the longest windy driveway up the side of a mountain and even a pool. 


The remains of an iron fence against a tree.

The more we wandered, the more we interesting things we found. 


The photo above is one of my favorites from our visit. It was our first view of the tower of chimneys and I was in awe. Four chimneys stacked on top of each other. The photo below shows the other side of the tower of chimneys.



We stood in the center of the remains and felt so tiny in this giant structure. We looked up at the giant windows, the towers of chimneys and tried to imagine how beautiful this place must have been. 

To me, this place felt magical.


Be sure to follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter to see sneak peeks of these amazing places.

No comments:

Post a Comment