Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Once, there was a magical estate on a mountain.


Over the weekend, we set out to find this magical place. I had heard about it, saw pictures of it, but knew that I needed to make the trip here to see this amazing forgotten place for myself. I studied maps of the area trying to figure out exactly where it was. Once I was sure, we set out on our journey. 

It was a perfect day for a hike. As we made our way up the path, I was getting nervous that I misjudged where it would be. We continued on, and suddenly, through the trees, we saw it.


What I originally set out to find were the stacks of fireplaces. They were so beautiful, so perfectly balanced, and really made me imagine what the inside of this estate must have been like. I think we counted around ten fireplaces. There were even remains of the tile still attached to a few.




The windows....take my breath away kind of windows. I think I may be a bit obsessed with that giant arched window. Can you imagine how beautiful that must have been when this estate was standing in its former glory?



Standing inside the remains taking in the windows, the fireplaces, the details that still remained.....this building was truly magical.



It was more amazing that I had hoped it could be. There is so much more I can't wait to show you, but it was too much to fit in one post. Be sure to check back here on Friday to see more.


Be sure to follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter to see sneak peeks of these amazing places.

UPDATE: To read more on this place, check out my article on Hamlet Hub .

No comments:

Post a Comment