Friday, May 1, 2015

Another visit to the Cornish Estate


You may remember my previous visit to the Cornish Estate from my previous posts. It has been a year since we visited, and this is one of those places that calls me back. So we decided it was time for a road trip and a hike to a favorite forgotten spot.


We hiked up to the house, and it was just as I remembered….amazing. 


The stack of fireplaces balancing in the center of the structure still capture my immediate attention, however it is the giant arched window that is my most favorite spot here. Imagine how beautiful that giant window must have been. Imagine the light coming through it, watching the sun set or snowflakes gently falling. 



I love seeing the tiles that remain on the fireplaces. While time has not been kind to this building those last few tiles remain…a reminder of the beautiful details this house once possessed.



It's impossible to stand in the middle of the remains of this house and not try to picture what it must have looked like…so many fireplaces, so many fabulous windows, and so much space. 


Be sure to follow me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter to see more of my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment