Tuesday, July 31, 2012

back to the pumpkin patch...

I look forward to my visits to the pumpkin patch.  Seeing a pumpkin this big,  makes me excited for Halloween.  I feel like Linus in "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

The giant pumpkin is growing fast---over 20 pounds PER DAY!  The stem is propped up so it doesn't pull on the pumpkin.



So how much does this backyard giant weigh?  He was measured the day before my visit, and was 360 pounds! This is the time he will be putting on the most weight, so I can't wait to see how big he is at my next visit.



We had another visitor in the pumpkin patch while I was there.  Notice the little frog a top the giant pumpkin....



The hanging gourds should start growing fast soon.  Here are 2 baby ones.



The pumpkin patch is so peaceful, and I am so glad I get to visit often.


Until next week's visit.....


No comments:

Post a Comment