Friday, July 6, 2012

I looked up and saw this....

I heard about an abandoned convent and church, and I added it to my "to photograph" list.  I began to research it, and knew immediately it was something worth seeing. 

I didn't make plans for my visit yet, but knew I needed to see it soon. I was driving home from a day out, and saw a sign for the town it is in.  I immediately wondered what the chances were that I would find it without the map I had saved on my computer, or how far it could possibly be from where I was (sitting in my car looking at the sign)....and then I looked up.  There it was on the top of the hill right in front of me.  If that isn't begging me to check it out, I don't know what is.  I immediately found my way up to it.  I didn't have my camera on me, so all of these were taken with my cell phone.


The church....I saw this first as I made my way up the hill.  I can't even begin to imagine how beautiful this was before the windows were boarded up, and the stained glass windows were still here.  Even boarded up, the windows are still amazing.


I continued to the top of the hill, and found the convent (or possibly school?) behind the church.


 Doors that lead to nowhere....at some point there must have been a 2 story porch on this side of the building.



The last view as I headed back down the hill.  I could stare at this building for hours.


I need to make a trip back with my camera and try to capture to amazing beauty of this place. Definitely will be trying to get permission to visit and really explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment